Residential and Commercial Construction

If you are requiring a building permit for either residential or commercial construction, please use the form at the following link below:

How do know if I need a permit?
The construction, enlargement, alteration, repair, movement, demolition, or change of occupancy classification of a building or structure, or the erection, installation, enlargement, alteration, repair, removal, conversion or replacement of any electrical, gas, mechanical (heating, ventilating, air-conditioning) or plumbing system, if regulated by any one of Idalou’s adopted building codes or ordinances, will require a permit PRIOR to the work being performed. For more specific information, please contact City Hall at (806) 892-2531.

Roofing Permits

All roofing contractors are required to be registered with City Hall. Please use the registration form at the following link below:

If you need a roofing permit, please use the application at the following link below:

Building permit image

Contact :

Renee Wilbanks

City Secretary

301 Main Street
Idalou, TX 79329

Ph: (806) 892-2531
Fax: (806) 892-3298