Idalou, Texas

How do I make an Public Information Request?

Please contact the City Secretary for information on Public Information Request at Idalou City Hall at (806) 892-2531.

Do I need a Building Permit?

The construction, enlargement, alteration, repair, movement, demolition of a building or structure, or the erection, installation, enlargement, alteration, repair, removal, conversion or replacement of any electrical, gas, mechanical (heating, ventilating, air-conditioning) or plumbing system, if regulated by any one of the adopted codes or ordinances, will require a permit PRIOR to the work being performed. Please contact the Building Inspector for more information on permitting at (806) 892-2531.

Municipal Court

Where can I pay my ticket?

To make a payment on a ticket or payment arrangements, please contact the Municipal Court at (806) 892-2531. Or you can appear in person at City Hall, located at 301 Main Street, Idalou, TX 79329.

What forms of payments does the Municipal Court accept?
The Municipal Court accepts checks, money orders, cash and credit cards.

Police Department

What is the best way to reach a police officer?

For non-emergencies, please contact the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center at (806) 775-1601.

For emergencies, please dial 9-1-1.

How do I obtain an accident report?

To obtain an accident report, please contact the Idalou Police Department at (806) 892-2500.

Fire Department

How do I become a Volunteer Firefighter?

For information on becoming an Idalou Volunteer Firefighter, please contact the Fire Chief at (806) 892-2531.

Emergency Medical Services

How do I become an EMS Volunteer?

For information on becoming an Idalou EMS volunteer, please contact the EMS Director at (806) 892-2531.


Public Works

How do I report a pot hole?

To report a pot hole on your street, please contact City Hall at (806) 892-2531. Or you can submit make a service request by clicking on the following link - SERVICE REQUEST.

What if my sewer line is backed up?

If you are experiencing problems with your sewer, please contact City Hall at (806) 892-2531.

If you are experiencing sewer problems after hours, please call the City's after hours phone number at (806) 577-3058


Contact :

Renee Wilbanks

City Secretary

301 Main Street
Idalou, TX 79329

Ph: (806) 892-2531
Fax: (806) 892-3298